Once you’ve booked, you can reschedule your itinerary anytime. All changes are free and immediate.
What’s included in this trip:
- 4 activities included
- Take a canoe ride in the Amazon Jungle to see wild monkeys and do some birdwatching
- Tour a cacao farm to learn about famous Ecuadorian chocolate and make your sweet treats in the traditional way
- Soak in Papallacta thermal spas with rejuvenating volcanic water
We always include:
- English/Spanish-speaking guide during the full tour
- Comfortable, safe buses with excellent drivers
- Meet locals, visit communities, and learn the culture
Hop-off points you can explore on your own:
- Quito: Experience this UNESCO Heritage site, visit the equator at the Middle of the World, and ride the TeleferiQo
- Baños: Raft, bike, bungee, relax in thermal baths, swing off the edge of the world, and visit famous waterfalls
- Tena: Discover the lush jungle from this town, raft or kayak down the rivers, and explore tons of waterfalls
- Puerto Misahuallí: Adventure deeper into the Amazon and canoe down the Napo river
Recommended Full Itinerary
Remember, this itinerary is just our suggestion – you can hop on and hop off at any of the main stops, extending your trip for as long as you like!
Day 1: Baños to Quito
Departure days: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Point 1: Parque la Basílica (main entrance to the Cathedral) 6:30 am. View map
|06:30||Depart from Baños|
|08:00||Traditional Ecuadorian breakfast in Puyo|
|10:00||Visit Piakawe Lagoon for some wildlife watching and a canoe ride|
|11:15||Pick up / Drop off in Tena|
|11:30||Visit Santa Rita community for a cocoa farm adventure and a traditional lunch|
|16:30||Visit Papallacta hot springs (includes entrance to the thermal spa)|
|19:30||Arrival in Quito|
Bear in mind that, due to our bus schedules, you may need to add one extra day to our recommended itineraries at some stops before continuing your trip. It all depends on the day of the week. Please check our Timetables and Planning Guide.
- If you want to create your own jungle experience we recommend adding 2-3 days in Puerto Misahuallí
- The Papallacta hot springs spa entrance fee of $23 is included in your ticket!