Our pass will take you in safe hands from the subtropical jungle town of Baños to the Andean capital of Quito, via some of the best adventures and experiences in the Ecuadorian Amazon: see amazing wildlife, canoe up a river, interact with the communities, visit tropical places, relax in thermal hot springs, and, of course, eat lots of chocolate!
Don’t stress! Once you have booked your pass, you can change your dates to fit your itinerary. Once you start your trip, you’ll also be able to change departure dates. All changes are free and immediate (with 8 hours’ notice and subject to availability).
- Puerto Misahuallí
- Piakawe Lagoon
- Santa Rita community
- Papallacta thermal springs
- Canoe in the middle of the amazon rainforest looking for wildlife and breathing in the fresh air at Piakawe Lagoon.
- Stay overnight in an Amazon lodge off the beaten path in Puerto Misahuallí to experience the jungle more intimately.
- Explore Tena to discover stunning waterfalls and raft the world-famous rivers in Ecuador.
- Taste fresh chocolate in the middle of the jungle at the Santa Rita community — this farm even sells their cacao beans to world-renowned chocolatiers, Pacari.
- Relax and unwind at the charming thermal baths in Papallacta — ranked as the best in the country!
Recommended Full Itinerary
Remember, this itinerary is just our suggestion – you can hop on and hop off at any of the main stops, extending your trip for as long as you like!
Day 1: Baños to Quito
Departure days: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Point 1: Parque la Basílica (main entrance to the Cathedral) 6:30 am. View map
|06:30||Depart from Baños|
|08:00||Breakfast in Puyo|
|10:00||Visit Piakawe Lagoon for some wildlife watching and a canoe ride|
|11:15||Pick up / Drop off in Tena|
|11:30||Visit Santa Rita community for a cocoa farm adventure and a traditional lunch|
|16:30||Visit Papallacta hot springs (includes entrance to the thermal spa)|
|19:30||Arrival in Quito|
Bear in mind that, due to our bus schedules, you may need to add one extra day to our recommended itineraries at some stops before continuing your trip. It all depends on the day of the week. Please check our Timetables and Planning Guide.
- If you want to create your own jungle experience we recommend adding 2-3 days in Puerto Misahuallí
- The Papallacta hot springs spa entrance fee of $23 is included in your ticket!