Terms & Conditions
By purchasing and/or using a WANDERBUS ECUADOR travel pass you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
In these terms and conditions references to “you” or “your” or “client” mean the purchaser of the travel pass and/or the passenger using the travel pass as the case may be. References to “Operator” mean WANDERBUS ECUADOR.
The Site is intended to provide information only. While we try to ensure that the content that we provide is correct, to the extent allowed by law, we do not warrant that the Site will be uninterrupted, secure or error free, or that its content will be accurate, adequate, current, complete or suitable for your intended purpose. We disclaim any liability which is based on, or arises out of, the information, data or material contained on this Site.
We disclaim, to the extent permitted by law, all liability or responsibility to anyone for any direct or indirect loss or damage that may result from any advice, opinion, information, representation or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, contained on this Site.
HOP-ON HOP-OFF PASSES – SPECIFIC CONDITIONS
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR allows you to make stops at any part of the network. In the event of wanting to make changes to the hop on, hop off destinations that were previously registered on our website at the time of purchase, you may modify them, preferably through our website. If you do not have access to the internet, you can tell the guide directly about the change in your plans.
Journeys can only be made in 1 direction, whether it is north to south or south to north – but not in both directions.
-The ticket bought from WANDERBUS ECUADOR has a duration of 12 months once the route has begun.
– It is possible to buy the WANDERBUS ECUADOR ticket in advance or a day before the desired date of departure.
– On confirming your WANDERBUS ECUADOR reservation with the payment in full, it is the responsibility of the CLIENT to verify the accuracy of your reservation, selected routes, travel dates, determined hop off places, and dates to hop on. You will receive an email confirming the total payment of the selected pass and an electronic receipt which should be presented on boarding the bus.
– On pick-up, hand luggage will be verified, which can be a backpack no heavier than 8kg and the hold baggage no heavier than 20kg.
– A valid passport is required as proof of identification for all tours, as well as proof of payment.
– The CLIENT must register the exact location from where they will be picked up at the time of purchasing the ticket from WANDERBUS ECUADOR. In case of alteration or not yet knowing what this will be, notify WANDERBUS ECUADOR a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
– It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the CLIENT to be in the specified place for the pick-up at the scheduled time. The OPERATOR will do everything possible to guarantee the timetables of departure and return are adhered to. The OPERATOR will not be responsible after the specified time in case of the default of the CLIENT.
PROMOTIONS – SPECIFIC CONDITIONS
No refunds apply for any sales promotion.
Sale promotions are only valid for our passes and not extra tours.
Only valid for the mention travel dates.
We do not operate our extra tours, we work with hand-selected partner companies to give you the best experiences in Ecuador. The Terms & Conditions of these companies differ from ours at Wanderbus, if you would like more information, please contact us for the details.
If you fail to show for any booked and confirmed departure your Travel Pass will become invalid unless and until a US$50 fee is paid to reinstate the Travel Pass.
The CLIENT agrees that WANDERBUS ECUADOR may take photographs and videos during the tour and that you may appear in them. These may be used in leaflets and publicity material without obtaining other consent or payment concerning those photographs or videos.
WANDERBUS ECUADOR does not claim any ownership rights in any materials that you submit, post, or display on or through the WANDERBUS ECUADOR social media channels and pages. By submitting, posting or displaying any materials on or through the WANDERBUS ECUADOR community pages and channels, you hereby grant to us a limited license to use, alter, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such materials for our own promotional purposes. This license does not give us the right to sell your materials, nor does the license give us the right to distribute your materials to other people to use for business purposes.
By submitting or posting materials on the WANDERBUS ECUADOR social media channels you represent and warrant that: you own those materials or otherwise have the right to grant the license to us set forth in this section, and that your actions do not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person by reason of any materials posted by you to or through the WANDERBUS ECUADOR social media pages and channels.
CANCELLATION AND CHANGES
– Cancellation must be made through our website www.wanderbusecuador.com. The return of payments made in cash should be collected from the following address: Valladolid N24-296 and Francisco Galavis, Quito, Ecuador.
– If for any reason you need to cancel and you notify us a minimum of 30 days in advance of your departure date, the value of the deposit will remain secure until you are ready to use it on a journey of the same or greater total value, valid to be used within one year. After one year, you will lose the paid amount and the opportunity to reschedule the route. Reimbursement of the deposit will not apply.
– The cancellation fee will depend on the number of days before the trip departure date (excluding the day of departure and the day of notification). If you cancel less than 14 days before your departure date there will be no refund, if you cancel between 14 to 30 days in advance you will receive a 50% refund, and if you cancel more than 30 days in advance you will receive a full refund.
– Changes to the date of the trip can be registered on our website www.wanderbusecuador.com up to 24 hours in advance with no additional fee.
– In the event that one of our passengers becomes ill or has a problem of force majeure that obliges them to return to where they began the journey, they will have the opportunity to continue their route over the following days.
– The travel passes of WANDERBUS ECUADOR are not transferable, however, exceptions can be made depending on circumstances.
– Our refund policy doesn’t apply for any promotion or sale. Given that we are offering our service at a discounted price we charge a 100% cancelation fee.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PASSENGER
– The representatives of the TOUR OPERATOR are pleased to guide and advise throughout the journey, however WANDERBUS ECUADOR is not responsible for any decision the CLIENT takes based on those recommendations.
– The tours offered by WANDERBUS ECUADOR are designed for passengers of all ages — we’ve had travelers from 5 to 85! Our tours are designed for people who love to travel and adventure. Please keep in mind that our tours include activities such as light hiking and high altitudes. Let us know if you have a medical condition that could affect your trip, and we’ll be happy to help.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR can accept a minor, as long as they are accompanied by a responsible person of 18 years old or more. There is no upper age limit.
– It is the responsibility of the CLIENT to ensure that their passport is valid, as well as all necessary visas, permits and certificates. Likewise, it is the responsibility of the CLIENT to have all necessary vaccinations and to comply with applicable laws. The OPERATOR will not permit you to travel without a valid passport.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR does not accept any kind of abuse, verbal or otherwise, of its staff. Any person that abuses or threatens our staff will automatically lose the right to continue their journey and any associated reimbursement.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR is not responsible for caring for your personal possessions while you travel. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged item.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR does not allow the possession of alcohol, drugs or illegal substances. Any passenger who does not comply with this rule will lose the right to continue their journey and reimbursement. WANDERBUS ECUADOR will not be responsible for accidents that occur to the passenger for this reasons.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR does not allow smoking within the units of transport.
– The CLIENT will agree to comply with laws and regulations of the country of visit.
– The CLIENT must notify WANDERBUS ECUADOR of any medical or physical condition that they suffer via a form on our website. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that their letter be accompanied by a confirmation.
The TOUR OPERATOR has no responsibility in any activity or circumstance that they decide to do by their own choice. By agreeing with these Terms and Conditions you release the TOUR OPERATOR of any responsibility in any activity or circumstance that the CLIENT decides to do by their own choice.
– We do not include travel insurance coverage in the ticket price. For this reason, WANDERBUS ECUADOR strongly recommends that passengers take out their own valid travel insurance for the country.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR shall not be responsible for the illness, injury or death of any passenger, whether it is caused by negligence by us or by a third party.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR shall not be responsible for the default or negligence of other operators who offer their services within our route.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR shall not be responsible for accidents caused outside the vehicles or for money or values lost.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR shall not be responsible for any accident or damage suffered by the passenger or their luggage, when they are mobilized before and after the tourist transportation.
– The CLIENT agrees to compensate WANDERBUS ECUADOR for any loss, damage or expense suffered or incurred by WANDERBUS ECUADOR, its employees, agents or related companies as a result of any claim made by a third party whose claim arises from the CLIENT’S use of the Travel Pass or their acts or ommissions while they travel with any WANDERBUS ECUADOR service.
– If it is necessary, WANDERBUS ECUADOR will partially or totally modify or cancel any itinerary. If so, the network of passes will be modified to allow an equally excellent experience.
– If access to any area scheduled in the trip is blocked for reasons outside our control, WANDERBUS ECUADOR will modify the route or will decide to partially or totally cancel the route.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR shall not be responsible for any default on timetables, cancellations or delays and if the CLIENT loses hotel reservations or activities paid for in advance. However, we will do everything possible to solve these problems and to find the best solution.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR kindly advises that all objects of value, electronics, important documents, medicines and money are carried with you or in your hand luggage, well protected. Do not pack fragile objects. WANDERBUS ECUADOR assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
– Passengers with disabilities are welcome on our journeys as long as they are accompanied by a person who helps them with necessary assistance and that they do not require the permanent attention of our guides and drivers.
– Our buses are not prepared to provide the best service to people with disabilities and the trajectory of our routes does not accommodate all types of disability, in spite of the efforts made by WANDERBUS ECUADOR. We are working to solve this problem as soon as possible.
– Any complaint about the tour can be made in our complaints forms.
– When dealing with complaints about our local guides or drivers, the fastest way to contact us is via the following telephone number: +593 098-69-19-193, to speak to our operations staff, or by sending your complaint to our email: [email protected].
– The contract and all subjects that arise in relation to this document will be subject to the Law of Ecuador, unless the OPERATOR agrees to the contrary in writing.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR will be able to modify the type of vehicle mentioned in its website.
– WANDER BUS ECUADOR reserves the right to reject any passenger or luggage at their discretion.
-WANDERBUS ECUADOR will verify that the vehicles from the provider have all the documentation in order, insurance SPPAT Public Service for Payment of Traffic Accidents and all other insurance, and the insurance for each passenger in case of an accident. WANDERBUS ECUADOR shall not be responsible for any accident caused by the transportation PROVIDER.The value THE PROVIDER will covers for this type of claims will be of maximum USD 10,000, after this value both THE PROVIDER and THE COMPANY will not be responsible for the amounts that exceed it.
– Wanderbus is pet-friendly, and we’d be more than happy to host your furry friends! However, national parks are very stricter. You will have to provide a certificate, as well as all the necessary care items, such as a leash, bags, and other things if your pet is a service animal so they will be allowed entry (there might be a small park fee as well, so just be prepared). Just let us know in advance if you will be bringing your pet or service animal on the bus so we can make the correct arrangements.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR shall not be responsible for the incompletion of its obligations pursuant to these Terms and Conditions when the incompletion is caused by something out of the reasonable control of WANDERBUS ECUADOR, which include, but are not limited to, war, civil unrest, hostility, acts of terror, strike action or lock out, other industrial action, climatic phenomenon or other acts of God, or governmental regulation or law.
– In any moment and without prior warning, WANDERBUS ECUADOR can modify any of these Terms and Conditions.
– WANDERBUS ECUADOR may, at any time and without notice, vary any of these terms and conditions
– If any part of these Terms and Conditions is considered invalid, inapplicable or illegal for any reason, amendment will be considered through addition or elimination of the part found to be invalid, inapplicable or illegal, but if it is not deemed so, it will remain unchanged to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
DISCLAIMER AND AKNOLEDGLMENT
The CLIENT acknowledges and understands that WANDERBUS ECUADOR travels to a variety of places that can vary form high mountains over 4.200 m (14,000 ft) in the Andes where there is a high risk of altitude sickness; down to the Amazon Basin, home to mosquitos and tropical parasites; as well as beaches in the Pacific Coast, known for their waves, tides and other associated risks inherent to each destination. Acknowledging these risks implies that the CLIENT is responsible of being in good health, physically able and have adequate equipment for each environment and their related risks, climate, activities and journey. Therefor the CLIENT acknowledges that all events that they attend will be at their own risk and responsibility.
The CLIENT acknowledges that adventure travel can be dangerous and includes certain risks and dangers, including, but not limited to, the hazards of travelling by buses, taxis, trucks, cars, jeeps, elevated walkways, rafting, canoeing, buggies, scooters, quads amongst other unconventional means, , accident of illness in remote places without medical facilities, dangers of wild animals, forces of nature, and travel by any other conveyance, extreme weather conditions, physical exertion for which the CLIENT may not be prepared, and evacuation difficulties, should the CLIENT be injured or disabled, they accept the inherent risk adventure travel.
Disclaimer; the CLIENT hereby RELEASES, WAIVES, INDEMNIFIES and AGREES NOT TO PROSECUTE WANDERBUS ECUADOR from any and all liability to the undersigned, the CLIENTS personal representatives, heirs, assigns and next of kin, for any and all losses, damages or injuries or any claim or lawsuit on account of injury to the person or property of the undersigned. The CLIENT acknowledges that this hold harmless clause is prerequisite to my attending or participating in any event or journey sponsored by WANDERBUS ECUADOR.