How the Wanderbus works
As backpackers ourselves, we know that there’s a lot to think about when planning a trip to Ecuador. You want to do all of the Ecuador highlights, experience the adventures, and meet the locals. You want to travel the real Ecuador.
But you also want the money-saving Ecuador, to stay safe in Ecuador, make friends in Ecuador, and make the most of your limited time here.
This is how you do it
An open pass to adventure
2. PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
Use our Planning Guide to make a trip that’s all yours, creating a personalised itinerary
4. BOARD THE WANDERBUS
Let the good times roll as your Ecuador adventure kicks off from your starting destination
5. GET TO KNOW YOUR CREW
Buddy up with fellow travellers, make our guide your first local friend, and start creating memories
6. ENJOY THE RIDE
Sit back and relax in the safety of our great buses with our professional and reliable drivers
7. EXPERIENCE THE REAL ECUADOR
Now it’s up to you to make the most of the activities on offer; we help you along the way
8. HOP ON HOP OFF
Enjoy the spontaneity of flexible travel, going with the flow whatever the day holds for you
9. TELL THE WORLD ABOUT YOUR WANDERING
Share your amazing Ecuador travel experience with the Wanderbus community
CUSTOMISE YOUR ECUADOR TRIP
Because we know Ecuador like the back of our hands, we’ve saved you the leg-work and crafted ready-made itineraries that tick all the right boxes. But we’re flexible, which means that you can use our passes as a skeleton for your own personalised journey — add a few days to trek Quilotoa loop routes, climb Cotopaxi mountain, take the Devil’s Nose train, explore the Amazon jungle, and discover the best Ecuador beaches.
- You decide where you hop on and off, how long you stay in each destination, and where to go and what to do.
- Check to see which days our buses leave – see our itineraries – and our pick-up & drop-off points
- We pick you up from your hotel or hostel in Quito
- Make sure to confirm your bus or any changes you want to make 8 hours before departure. We need to arrange the access to national parks, food with the local communities and carry out a vast logistic work.
- Don’t bust a gut planning too much – travel flexible!
- Book in advance. Seats fill up fast, so avoid disappointment.
THE WANDERBUS MAKES IT HAPPEN
WHO TRAVELS WITH US?
Men and women travelling alone choose the Wanderbus for safety reassurance and to meet friends with whom to share their adventure.
Couples who want to make the most of their time opt for the Wanderbus as it’s the most convenient way to get around Ecuador.
Groups of adventurous friends are regulars aboard the Wanderbus as we visit the most sought-after destinations.
Families looking to explore Ecuador with someone else worrying about the logistics and no-one worrying about staying safe.
Why travel aboard the Wanderbus?
- Safe & flexible travel with English-speaking guides on board
- All activities included (cacao experience, cotopaxi volcano, amazon padding, papallacta springs, and more..!)
- Meet locals, learn the culture & travel off the beaten track
- Support local communities through our internationally-certified social and environmental responsibility program