You’re never far from water in Baños: thermal springs, waterfalls, gushing white water and a sprinkling of mist are what make this town at the cusp of the Amazon unique. This is the place to get active with biking, rafting and canopying on the agenda, before soaking it off in the volcanic baths. A buzzing backpacker destination, there’s also a fun nightlife scene once the sun has set on this action-packed spot.
What to do in Baños
- Hike to the Devil’s Cauldron waterfall
- Get a massage and soak off your weary legs in the thermal baths
- Cycle in the mountains with tremendous views of the valleys
- Canyon down incredible waterfalls
- Canopy across picturesque gorges
Eating and drinking
Baños has all the cheap eats and international staples plus a buzzy backpackers’ nightlife scene.