Santa Cruz & Isabela
Santa Cruz & Isabela
San Cristobal, Santa Cruz and Isabela: 7 days exploring paradise
If you want to experience the Galapagos archipelago in a hassle-free way, this tour is just what you’re looking for. San Cristobal, Santa Cruz and Isabela are the largest islands, which together combine amazing natural attractions, while they let you experience the Galapagos’ relaxed lifestyle!
Travel seamlessly around these islands, while you discover all the best wildlife and landscapes in over one week. You’ll enjoy amazing guided trips, beautiful marine wildlife hotspots, and out-of-this-world volcanic landscapes.
Live the Galapagos dream! Unwind at pristine beaches and untouched natural landscapes while you contemplate one of the most special places on Earth. Are you ready?
Book your place
Check availability: Galapagos tours are limited. Please fill in the form to contact our sales team and check availability within your desired dates and request more information.
7 days / 6 nights
Minimum: 2 people
If you choose Option 1 on day 6
$1349 – with lodging
$999 – Without lodging
If you choose Option 2 on day 6
$1249 -with lodging:
$899 -without lodging
San Cristobal, Santa Cruz and Isabela: 7 days / 6 nights
Day 1: get to your hotel in San Cristobal
- Our certified staff guide will pick you up at San Cristobal airport to get you transferred to your hotel in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno.
- Relax and recharge energies for the upcoming adventures next days.
Day 2: your first experience at submarine Galapagos
- Start off your day snorkeling at Kicker Rock, also known as the ‘Sleeping Lion’. Its cliffs are home to blue-footed boobies and other seabirds. Observe sea lions, reef fish, rays, hammerhead shark, sea turtles and much more.
- Disembark at a pristine beach where you can walk in search of coastal birds and mangrove forests. Or just relax and take a sunbath!
Day 3: explore Santa Cruz by your own
- Take the speed boat to Santa Cruz, included in the tour.
- Choose from a long but worthy hike to Tortuga Bay, a refreshing swim at Las Grietas or a visit to Las Ninfas mangrove.
- Experience the day-to-day lifestyle of Puerto Ayora town: spend your afternoon at Charles Darwin Research Station, people watch at its main plaza and dock, or have fun at the seafood market. There are plenty of options to choose from!
Day 4: sail between neighboring islands
Depending on the date and availability, you can visit one of the following destinations:
Included: naturalist bilingual guide, transportation, all activities and entrance fees, lunch, towels, snorkeling gear.
Admire the famous landscape, including the pinnacle rock. There’s a chance to see Galapagos penguins!
Witness an amazing Pahoehoe lava flow that seems like a never-ending lava sea. Here, you can sunbathe or enjoy snorkeling.
Spot land iguanas, giant cactus, Galapagos shearwaters, frigatebirds, Nazca boobies, and lava lizards.
Get ready to see white-tip reef sharks. You could even interact with sea lions while you snorkel.
See firsthand an island compared to an Alfred Hitchcock’s movie! Meet beautiful bird species, such as male frigate birds and blue-footed boobies.
White talcum powder sand, marine iguanas, turquoise water, and the chance to see pink flamingos await you at Las Bachas.
Santa Fe Island
Discover amazing sheltered coves, surrounded by a turquoise lagoon.
A wet landing on a sandy white beach in Playa Escondida will contact you with one of the many sea lion colonies. The giant prickly pear cactus found here live up to their name with tree-sized trunks.
Day 5: explore Isabela, the largest island in the Archipelago
- Take the speedboat to Isabela early in the morning, included in the tour.
- After a two-hour boat ride, take a deep breath and slip into Isabela’s relaxed lifestyle!
- Observe flamingos, black-necked stilts, whimbrels, white-cheeked pintails, and gallinules at its long, white sand, palm-lined beach and several brackish-water lagoons.
Day 6: choose from two amazing adventures at Isabela island
Included: all activities include a certified naturalist guide from Galapagos, shared boat transportation, all excursions, lunch, and snorkeling gear.
- Explore an area of naturally occurring underwater stone tunnels, that will remind you of lava tubes and make the landscape look like something out of a different world.
- Water at The Tunnels is amazing! It’s calm, shallow and clear blue. Arcs and tunnels underneath the water create the perfect habitat for many Galapagos marine species.
Get ready for adventure as you hike through a volcano. With a 6-mile diameter and 300m deep, it’s the world’s second largest volcanic crater. Contemplate an incredible view of the Galapagos islands.
Day 7: Return from Santa Cruz to Quito or Guayaquil
- After early breakfast, you’ll take a speed boat to Santa Cruz.
- Be transferred to the Itabaca channel. This drive will take approximately 50 minutes.
Included: Isabela-Santa Cruz speedboat tickets, transportation from Puerto Ayora to Itabaca Channel
What to pack:
Keep in mind that you are in the equator, so be sure to bring a wide-brimmed hat and sunscreen. Sturdy hiking shoes and flip-flops or sandals are a must to guarantee comfort to your feet. Of course, don’t forget your swimming gear, refillable water bottle, binoculars, a small backpack, and your camera (or a GoPro).
Tipping to the staff is at the discretion of our guests. Tips for the guides are usually given in person.
The warmest months are from January to May; occasional short downpours are expected. It gets cooler and drier from June to December; seas get choppy due to Humboldt current.
Immunizations are not required to visit the Archipelago. It is advisable, however, to consult your doctor or physician before your trip due to physical activity. We recommend you to bring motion-sickness pills for the navigable tours.
The itinerary may be subject to changes due to weather conditions or National Park Directives. The guide may deviate from the published itinerary for any reason he or she deems advisable.
(Please, bear in mind the price of lodging if you book it by yourself: Budget: $25 – $35 per person / Midrange: $50 – $75 per person)
- INGALA transit card: $20 per person, cash only (subject to change)
- Galapagos National Park fee: $100 per person, cash only (subject to change)
Plane tickets are not included in the tour.