This pass is just want you need if you’re looking for a fun and easy weekend trip with so many must-see stops along the way. We will take you from Quito to Baños seeing many volcanoes, craters and more. Returning to Quito, we will take you into the jungle to experience everything the amazon has to offer, including a visit to a cacao farm!
Don’t stress! Once you have booked your pass, you can change your dates to fit your itinerary. Once you start your trip, you’ll also be able to change departure dates. All changes are free and immediate (with 8 hours’ notice and subject to availability).
- Puerto Misahuallí
- Piakawe Lagoon
- Santa Rita community
- Papallacta thermal springs
- Delve into the amazing gold churches, perfect plazas and charming streets of Quito’s Old Town, the first UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Explore the stunning Cotopaxi National Park by foot, bike or horseback with a chance to climb one of the world’s highest active volcanoes.
- Take in the awesome sights and vibe of Quilotoa Lake, a brilliant turquoise, 400-metre deep caldera created from volcanic eruptions thousands of years ago.
- Watch the famous Pujuli dancers in action.
- Raft, hike, bungee jump and soak in hot springs in the valley of Baños on the borders of the Highlands and Amazon.
- Try the delicious traditional Ecuadorian breakfast of maito in Puyo
- Canoe in the middle of the amazon rainforest looking for wildlife and breathing in the fresh air at Piakawe Lagoon.
- Stay overnight in an Amazon lodge off the beaten path in Puerto Misahuallí to experience the jungle more intimately.
- Explore Tena to discover stunning waterfalls and raft the world-famous rivers in Ecuador.
- Taste fresh chocolate in the middle of the jungle at the Santa Rita community — this farm even sells their cacao beans to world-renowned chocolatiers, Pacari.
- Relax and unwind at the charming thermal baths in Papallacta — ranked as the best in the country!
Recommended Full Itinerary
Remember, this itinerary is just our suggestion – you can hop on and hop off at any of the main stops, extending your trip for as long as you like!
Day 1: Quito to Baños
Departure days: Every day except Sunday
|06:00-07:00||Depart from Quito from your selected pick-up point.|
|08:00||Stop for breakfast|
|09:30||Guidance at Cotopaxi National Park, home to one of the world’s highest active volcanoes.|
|12:00||Short visit to charming Pujili, a town famous for its dancers. Traditional lunch.|
|14:15||Guidance at Quilotoa. Explore the 3km-wide turquoise volcanic crater lake.|
|19:30-20:00||Arrive in Baños, home to steaming volcanoes, explosive waterfalls and hot thermal springs.|
Day 2: Free Day
To adventure in Baños; you can raft, zipline, go bungee jumping, paraglide, rappel down a waterfall, and so much more!
Day 3: Baños to Quito
Departure Days: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Point 1: Parque la Basílica (main entrance to the Cathedral) 6:30 am. View map
|06:30||Depart from Baños|
|08:00||Traditional Ecuadorian breakfast in Puyo|
|10:00||Visit Piakawe Lagoon for some wildlife watching and a canoe ride|
|11:15||Pick up / Drop off in Tena|
|11:30||Visit Santa Rita community for a cocoa farm adventure and a traditional lunch|
|16:30||Visit Papallacta hot springs (includes entrance to the thermal spa)|
|19:30||Arrival in Quito|
Bear in mind that, due to our bus schedules, you may need to add one extra day to our recommended itineraries at some stops before continuing your trip. It all depends on the day of the week. Please check our Timetables and Planning Guide.
- If you want to do the Quilotoa loop we recommend adding 1-2 days to your trip
- If you have time, we recommend you add 1-2 days in Baños
- If you want to easily experience the jungle we recommend spending 2-4 days in Puerto Misahuallí, the gateway to all the best Amazon adventures
- The Papallacta hot springs spa entrance fee of $23 is included in your ticket!