Once you’ve booked, you can reschedule your itinerary anytime. All changes are free and immediate.
What’s included in this trip:
- 7 activities included
- Hotel and hostel pick up in Quito
- Visit a traditional family farm and enjoy a free breakfast on the Quito – Baños route
- Walk around Limpiopungo Lake in Cotopaxi National Park and get the best views of Cotopaxi Volcano
- Guidance at Quilotoa Crater with a light hike to the best viewpoints of the turquoise lake
- Take a canoe ride in the Amazon Jungle to see wild monkeys and do some birdwatching
- See tons of Amazon animals from caiman to wild cats in the Yanacocha Rescue Center
- Tour a cacao farm to learn about famous Ecuadorian chocolate and make your sweet treats in the traditional way
- Soak in Papallacta thermal spas with rejuvenating volcanic water
We always include:
- English/Spanish-speaking guide during the full tour
- Comfortable, safe buses with excellent drivers
- Meet locals, visit communities, and learn the culture
Hop-off points you can explore on your own:
- Quito: Experience this UNESCO Heritage site, visit the equator at the Middle of the World, and ride the TeleferiQo
- Baños: Raft, bike, bungee, relax in thermal baths, swing off the edge of the world, and visit famous waterfalls
- Tena: Discover the lush jungle from this town, raft or kayak down the rivers, and explore tons of waterfalls
- Puerto Misahuallí: Adventure deeper into the Amazon and canoe down the Napo river
Recommended Full Itinerary
Remember, this itinerary is just our suggestion – you can hop on and hop off at any of the main stops, extending your trip for as long as you like!
Day 1: Quito to Baños
Departure days: Every day except Sunday
|06:00-06:20||Depart from Quito from your selected pick-up point.|
|08:00||Stop for breakfast|
|09:30||Guidance at Cotopaxi National Park, home to one of the world’s highest active volcanoes.|
|13:00 – 13:45||Traditional lunch near Quilotoa|
|14:15||Guidance at Quilotoa. Explore the 3km-wide turquoise volcanic crater lake.|
|19:30-20:00||Arrive in Baños, home to steaming volcanoes, explosive waterfalls and hot thermal springs.|
Day 2: Free Day
To adventure in Baños; you can raft, zipline, go bungee jumping, paraglide, rappel down a waterfall, and so much more!
Day 3: Baños to Quito
Departure Days: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Point 1: Parque la Basílica (main entrance to the Cathedral) 6:30 am. View map
|06:30||Depart from Baños|
|08:00||Traditional Ecuadorian breakfast in Puyo|
|08:50 – 10:00||Visit Yanacocha Animal Rescue Center (this is not a zoo)|
|11:50 – 13:00||Visit Paikawe Lagoon for some wildlife watching and a canoe ride|
|13:30||Pick up / Drop off in Tena|
|14:00 – 14:30||Santa Rita kichwa community for a cacao farm adventure and a traditional lunch|
|16:00||Depart from Santa Rita Community|
|19:30||Arrival in Quito|
Bear in mind that, due to our bus schedules, you may need to add one extra day to our recommended itineraries at some stops before continuing your trip. It all depends on the day of the week. Please check our Timetables and Planning Guide.
- If you want to do the Quilotoa loop we recommend adding 1-2 days to your trip
- If you have time, we recommend you add 1-2 days in Baños
- If you want to easily experience the jungle we recommend spending 2-4 days in Puerto Misahuallí, the gateway to all the best Amazon adventures
- If you want to visit Termas de Papallacta, we offer a free entrance to the Spa but you’ll have to go on your own. To get there you have these options:
- You can go by taxi from Quito, this is our recommendation: Jose Nuñez his mobile number is +593 (99) 882-0162, the price is $25 one way and $45 round trip (he speaks English).
- You can go by bus to Pifo (a small town close to the Quito airport) and from there take the same taxi (mentioned above), the cost will be $10 one way to Papallacta and $25 round trip. If you choose this option, you have to go to Rio Coca Bus Terminal located in the north part of the city (you can search in google maps) and from there, take the green bus to Pifo.
- You can ask for a taxi at your hotel and ask for prices to Papallacta (you can use the prices given here as a reference). Unfortunately, the public buses are currently not running due to the road conditions, if something changes we will let you know.