Connecting Guayaquil and the Pacific Coast with Quito, use this pass to hang out in Montañita and then explore Machalilla National Park and Puerto López (for whale-watching, in season) before climbing up the Andes to Quito. Connect this pass with any of our other passes and travel around the country.
Don’t stress! Once you have booked your pass, you can change your dates to fit your itinerary. Once you start your trip, you’ll also be able to change departure dates. All changes are free and immediate (with 8 hours’ notice and subject to availability).
- Puerto López
- Puerto Cayo
- And many other short stops along the way!
- Head to Guayaquil to discover Ecuador’s biggest, most vibrant city, with its great seafood, riverside walks and intriguing pirate history.
- Surf with the pros, relax on golden beaches, explore beautiful national parks and party in one of the South America’s best nightlife towns, Montañita.
- Explore the wild beaches of Machalilla National Park and learn about coastal culture and cuisine around Puerto López.
- Delve into the amazing gold churches, perfect plazas and charming streets of Quito’s Old Town, the first UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Recommended Full Itinerary
Remember, this itinerary is just our suggestion – you can hop on and hop off at any of our stops, extending your trip for as long as you like!.
Day 1: Guayaquil to Montañita
Departure Days: Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Pickup Point: Holiday Inn Guayaquil Airport at 15:15.
|15:15||Board the Wanderbus in Guayaquil.|
|18:00 – 18:30||Arrive in Montañita in time to catch the sunset and hit the party scene.|
Day 2: Montañita to Quito
Departure days: Thursday, Saturday, Monday
Point 1: Los Caminantes restaurant at the Main road 6:50
|06:50-07:00||Depart from Montañita from your selected pick-up point.|
|07:30||Stop for a traditional coastal breakfast at beautiful Ayampe Beach.|
|08:45||Pick up in Puerto Lopez|
|12:00 – 13:00||Experience the Manabi culture with a local family and make your own traditional lunch|
|18:30-19:00||Arrive in Quito and be dropped off at one of our points.|
Bear in mind that, due to our bus schedules, you may need to add one extra day to our recommended itineraries at some stops before continuing your trip. It all depends on the day of the week. Please check our Timetables and Planning Guide.
If you want to go whale-watching from Puerto López, add two days to your itinerary.