Once you’ve booked, you can reschedule your itinerary anytime. All changes are free and immediate.
What’s included in this trip:
- 3 activities included
- Walk around the famous El Cajas National Park and learn about the wildlife of the park
- Tour a cacao farm to learn about famous Ecuadorian chocolate and make your sweet treats in the traditional way
- Learn about paja toquilla and Panama Hats at a local community famous for their weaving
We always include:
- English/Spanish-speaking guide during the full tour
- Comfortable, safe buses with excellent drivers
- Meet locals, visit communities, and learn the culture
Hop-off points you can explore on your own:
- Cuenca: Wander around the Old Town, visit tons of museums, and venture to Ingapirca ruins
- Guayaquil: Explore Ecuador’s biggest city, walk along the Malecon, and fly to the Galapagos Islands
- Montañita: Surf, party, and relax at the beach
Recommended Full Itinerary
Remember, this itinerary is just our suggestion – you can hop on and hop off at any of the main stops, extending your trip for as long as you like!
Day 1: Cuenca to Montañita
Departure days: Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Point 1: Parque Calderón (main entrance to the Cathedral) 7:00 am. View map
|07:00||Depart from Cuenca from your pick-up point.|
|07:45||Stop for breakfast.|
|08:45||Guidance at El Cajas National Park for a wet and wild adventure among 200 lakes.|
|09:45||Depart from El Cajas.|
|12:00||Experience how to create your own chocolate at a local cacao hacienda and stop for lunch|
|15:15||Arrive in Guayaquil to drop off/pick up those who wish to stay here.|
|18:15||Stop in a local community to learn how to make the famous Panama Hats with paja toquilla|
|19:00||Arrive in Montañita in time to catch the sunset and hit the party scene.|
Bear in mind that, due to our bus schedules, you may need to add one extra day to our recommended itineraries at some stops before continuing your trip. It all depends on the day of the week. Please check our Timetables and Planning Guide.
If you want to go to Galapagos from Guayaquil add five to seven days to your itinerary.
Passengers hopping off at Guayaquil must all be dropped off at the same spot – not at specific hotels.