This add-on is for anyone wanting to get a taste of what the Amazon rainforest really has to offer! You will travel from Baños to Puerto Misahuallí tasting the local cuisine and experiencing the wildlife and nature of the jungle.
Don’t stress! Once you have booked your pass, you can change your dates to fit your itinerary. Once you start your trip, you’ll also be able to change departure dates. All changes are free and immediate (with 8 hours’ notice and subject to availability).
- Puerto Misahuallí
- Piakawe Lagoon
- Try the delicious traditional Ecuadorian breakfast of maito in Puyo.
- Canoe in the middle of the Amazon rainforest looking for wildlife and breathing in the fresh air at Piakawe Lagoon.
Recommended Full Itinerary
Remember, this itinerary is just our suggestion – you can hop on and hop off at any of the main stops, extending your trip for as long as you like!
Day 1: Baños to Puerto Misahuallí
Departure Days: Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Point 1: Parque la Basílica (main entrance to the Cathedral) 6:30 am. View map
|06:30||Depart from Baños|
|08:00||Breakfast in Puyo|
|10:00||Visit Piakawe Lagoon for some wildlife watching and a canoe ride|
|10:45||Drop off in Misahuallí|
Bear in mind that, due to our bus schedules, you may need to add one extra day to our recommended itineraries at some stops before continuing your trip. It all depends on the day of the week. Please check our Timetables and Planning Guide.
- If you want to easily experience the jungle we recommend spending 2-4 days in Puerto Misahuallí, the gateway to all the best Amazon adventures.
- To return to Baños from Misahuallí, please contact us for our recommendations.
- Please bear in mind that the onward journey from Misahuallí is NOT aboard the Wanderbus — unless you buy the Cotinga Pass or the Wanderpass Express. Please get in touch with us for more information.