Once you’ve booked, you can reschedule your itinerary anytime. All changes are free and immediate.
What’s included in this trip:
- 1 activity included
- Take a canoe ride in the Amazon Jungle to see wild monkeys and do some birdwatching
We always include:
- English/Spanish-speaking guide during the full tour
- Comfortable, safe buses with excellent drivers
- Meet locals, visit communities, and learn the culture
Hop-off points you can explore on your own:
- Baños: Raft, bike, bungee, relax in thermal baths, swing off the edge of the world, and visit famous waterfalls
- Tena: Discover the lush jungle from this town, raft or kayak down the rivers, and explore tons of waterfalls
- Puerto Misahuallí: Adventure deeper into the Amazon and canoe down the Napo river
Recommended Full Itinerary from Baños to Misahuallí
Remember, this itinerary is just our suggestion – you can hop on and hop off at any of the main stops, extending your trip for as long as you like!
Day 1: Baños to Puerto Misahuallí
Departure Days: Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Point 1: Parque la Basílica (main entrance to the Cathedral) 6:30 am. View map
|06:30||Depart from Baños|
|08:00||Stop for breakfast in Puyo|
|08:50 – 10:00||Visit Yanacocha Animal Rescue Center (this is not a zoo)|
|11:50 – 13:00||Visit Piakawe Lagoon for some wildlife watching and a canoe ride|
|13:30||Pick up / Drop off in Tena|
Bear in mind that, due to our bus schedules, you may need to add one extra day to our recommended itineraries at some stops before continuing your trip. It all depends on the day of the week. Please check our Timetables and Planning Guide.
- If you want to easily experience the jungle we recommend spending 2-4 days in Puerto Misahuallí, the gateway to all the best Amazon adventures.
- To return to Baños from Misahuallí, please contact us for our recommendations.
- Please bear in mind that the onward journey from Misahuallí is NOT aboard the Wanderbus — unless you buy the Cotinga Pass or the Wanderpass Express. Please get in touch with us for more information.